Friday, September 21, 2007

New Job!!
I have finally started my new job, and have been here about 2 weeks. The family has done everything possible to make me feel comfortable, and we've even taken a trip to Ikea for a few things for my room. I went to the language school but they don't know when the next class will start, so I signed up, and until then, the family said they would help me with my French.

Alix, the little girl, has been a breeze to work with after spending over a month with 2 loud, energy filled boys. The only problem I have encountered is Alix testing me to see how much she can get away with, but once she knows I won't be a pushover, I think things will be easier.

Here is a picture of Alix on our first day alone together:



Since I have been in Bern, I have started meeting other people. The other day, Patti, a new friend and I went to the Rosengarten. The Rosengarten is a large park with a section full of all different kinds of roses, a large grass area complete with tables and chairs, a large fountain, and a nice restaurant over looking Bern. Patti and I ate lunch at the park, and walked around the park and took pictures.

Here are a few pictures of the Park, and of the view of Bern:























After Patti and I left the park, Patti had a craving for Ben and Jerry's Ice cream. I knew of an ice cream stand on one of the side streets of Bern, but on our way there, a small shop had a large Ben and Jerry's sign in the window. Although it was a bit expensive, we didn't care!



Nothing much else has happened, but I will keep you updated!
And I know the text is all different sizes, thats not my fault, Blogger is being stupid and it won't change!!! I'm very mad at it!!!

2 comments:

Beverly said...

Great pictures!! It looks beautiful, and the changing colors just add to the atmosphere. And I bet if you go back there in the spring, the colors will be glorious too.

Unknown said...

So is the Ikea store any different than the ones in the States?
Glad you are finially at your new job. Hope to see lots and lots and lots and lots of pictures. Do seasonal pictorial. Make us all jealous that we are not there. Are you sure the text is not an operator error? I will email you later.