Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Things have been up and down for the past month. The ball had started rolling for my trip to Switzerland. I had received my passport, and had the papers turned in for my visa, but the visa was taking longer than expected. So I left for Florida on the 20th of May and was planning on staying her for 2 weeks up to a month. I was very excited to see my brother and finally meet my sister-in-law. Since I have been here I have met my sister-in-law's cousin and her boyfriend, and we have gone kayaking which was very fun, but lots of work. Here are pictures of Sean, Marly, Eliana, Matt and I kayaking.









But I finally received a phone call from my host family to say that my visa was finally approved. At first I was a little sad to say the least. I had hoped to stay in Florida longer, but now I am getting a little more excited and anxious. I have to go to Atlanta on Friday to get my visa and then I should be leaving for Switzerland.

Today we went to St. Pete, Florida to celebrate my sister-in-law. She has received her green card and is a resident of the U.S.A. It has been a hard road, but we are all glad it is finally over.









2 comments:

Beverly said...

OOh, the pictures make me anxious to get to Florida. I'll have to make sure Sean takes me kayaking, it looks like fun.

Great job, keep it up. The whole family will love following your adventures- I passed your address on to Uncle Paul.

Unknown said...

Nice pictures and nice blog. Look forward to following your adventure.
Make sure and touch base before you leave.
Love
Uncle Paul