Friday, June 8, 2007

I finally arrived in Switzerland after all the problems with my visa, and flight schedule. I boarded the plane on Monday, and 8 hours later, arrived in Switzerland on Tuesday. The flight wasn't bad, just long. The family is very nice, and have done everything to make me feel comfortable. My bedroom is very big and spacious, and I have a great view from all my windows. Here a few pictures of my room and the views from it.











On Tuesday, the day I arrived, Fredrick, Kimberly, and Leslie and I went mini golfing. It was very fun, but I was very tired since I did not sleep much on the flight. The next day we went into town and tried to open a bank account but found out we couldn't open one until I had a permit, so we went and applied for a permit, but it wont be ready for another week. After we came back from town, I walked around their house and met the farmers dog. He is a big black Newfoundland, who loves to play fetch, and jump into the water trough. Here are a few pictures I took of him.





Yesterday, Thursday, Cony, Leslie, Kimberly and I went to a small zoo/park. It was very small but very cute. There were a lot of different kinds of deer including reindeer, horses, and buffalo.









After leaving the zoo, we went into downtown Winterthur, a city close to Zurich. Cony went to a doctor appointment and the girls and I walked around town for about an hour. It was a little scary for me since the girls did not understand me and I did not understand them or anyone around us. Hopefully I will catch on to German quickly!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If you have an email address please send it to me. Glad you arrived safely and you are getting to see some local sites. And YES I hope you should start picking up your German!!!!!!!!!! Keep it touch.
Uncle Paul
hikerpj@gmail.com

Beverly said...

I wondered about the reindeer- nice to have them explained!! Whatever you can do to pick up German phrases will help you-