Monday, June 25, 2007

So far being here has been very exciting. I have seen how people in Switzerland live, and carry out their everyday lives. Since being here I have gone into Zurich to meet some friends, and have gotten lost 2 times. The last time was on Friday of last week, and that will be an experience I will never forget. The travel system is a good one, but can be fussy at times, and doesn't run for very long during the night. I went to a friends house, and left at 1:00 a.m. expecting to have plenty of time to get the the train station. But I did not know that the buses and trams had already stopped running. The taxi's are also very expensive, so I figured I would walk to the train station. I soon found out that a walk would take at least an hour, and by the time I got there, my train would have already left. Feeling very scared and confused, I met a girl and we went into a club. I ended up staying in this club until 4:00 am. I then walked to the bus stop, and soon found out the bus was early, and I had missed it. So I ended up taking a taxi, and then taking the train to Winterthur, the connecting train station for my stop. When I arrived there, I then found out that there were no buses, or trains going to Wila, where I live. Again, I had to take a taxi. So by the end of the day, I spent $130 SF for travel, and another $15 to get into the club. When I got home, it was 7:00 a.m.

After that experience, I am a little reluctant to head into Zurich, but if I do, I will make sure I give myself plenty of time to reach my destination, and then plenty to return home.

Sine I have been here I have also taken some pictures of local houses, and surrounding areas. Here are a few of them:













I plan to go to Basel, and Zurich this weekend and will get some more pictures then, and will post them.

No comments: